Sunday, May 13, 2007

Happy Mother´s Day Mom!!

I´m in Santiago. My computer is broken, and I had this great plan to do this Mother´s Day blog with pictures to let you all know how amazing my mom is and how crazy lucky I am to have her. But, since I am without a computer, I can only write this short message from an internet cafe. and I tried to buy a phone card but it didnt work : ( so I couldnt call her!

But all I really wanted to say was that my Mom-- the woman who lights up a room with her presence- makes friends in an instant, who commands respect and attention, who keeps me laughing and seeing the positive side of life, who is always encouraging, and who has raised me to believe that I can do and be anything, who has sacrificed so much throughout her life for her children and continues to do so in order to keep us safe and happy--Mom, I just want you to know how much I appreciate you, I am sitting here in Chile, with a scholarship, seeing and experiencing the world because of your love, sacrifice, and support- and I am so thankful to have always had you by my side (I´m beginning to tear up and the old man next to me is looking at me funny-silly gringas right?) anyways, since I have been here your voice and your packages and hearing you laugh have kept me grounded and content. I love you sooo much and am who I am because of you. I hope that some day I come near to being a woman as accomplished, confident, and happy as you are. You are an amazing role model, and I miss you so much. Wish I could be there to hug you today. . . Hope you know how much you are appreciated and hope you have an amazing Mother´s Day.

I hear myself talking sometimes or laughing or thinking. . . in your voice, and I am thankful and proud to be your daughter. love you,
mere

To all those amazing mothers I know-cheers to you, you make the world a better place and we love you for it.

No comments: