Wednesday, May 2, 2007

10 reasons (only ten because although there are millions I have to leave some for a certain Holiday Blog that's coming up)

Ok I have to shout out some Mom Love right now. And she does really like Jon Secada, by the way, I have childhood memories that are filled with his voice in the background.

With Mother's Day coming up around the corner, I am filled with some major mom appreciation. Not to mention the fact that even though I get to talk to her pretty often, I just miss her voice a lot, miss laughing with her until we cry and begin to do that shaky heavy gaspy laughing-and I even miss arguing with her sometimes. I miss knowing i could get in a car and be with my family in four hours--it's funny how far away that seemed before.

But My mom, who is amazing, decided to send me some grand packages. Not just any packages, but the largest most intricate packages you could ever imagine.

So Ten reasons 10 reasons (only ten because although there are millions I have to leave some for a certain Holiday Blog that's coming up)
why I have the MOST AMAZING MOM that I don't deserve who should be given a trophy or chocolate or better yet a vacation for one to some place where some large harry-chested man named Sven (or dad-but that grosses me out) gives her a back massage while she sips on Pina Coladas and listens to Jon Secada's greatest hits playing softly in carribean breeze:

1. Sweaters. She sent me lots of wonderfully, warm sweaters, and it's really cold here. It was so lovely to be wearing my own warm things again.thanks mom

2. New things. Don't you love it when you're reminded how well your mom really knows you? My mom went out and bought me a pair of brown dress pants, a beautiful scarf (with green in it of course), and some awesome jewelry--all stuff that I literally jumped up and down when I saw because I liked them so much. Because my mom knows me, and since "we are what we are"--sometimes it's nice to be reminded that people know who we are and care.thanks mom

3. MOVIES--Woooo whooo-I got movies, I got movies, I got movies hey, hey, hey, hey.
movies in english, movies in english, movies in english--hey, hey, hey ,hey. (that only works if you imagine porky from the Little Rascals singing it)

My mom sent me movies.like great pride and prejudice great. thanks mom.

4. BOOKS! books in english, books in spanish, books I needed for class-books she just knew i liked and hadn't read yet. I love you mom.

5. Large black gloves that would withstand a hurricane. If my hands encounter a hurricane--they'll make it through. thanks mom.

6. THIN MINT GIRL SCOUT COOKIES that I promptly put in the freezer. nough said.thanks mom

7.large, colorful, Hawaiian looking things for my home mom--I think one of them was a towel and one of them looked like a puffy flower, but I know that mom sticks with her themes so I know it has some kitchen usage--not to mention that she sent a bag and tissue paper to put the gifts in to give to Ana Maria--Mom, she's always thinking.thanks mom

8.my blue pants. I have these blue wind pants kinda things that are big and baggy. I've had them for several years, and they're kinda feel good pants. You know how you have those?? Like pants you put on with big sweatshirts and scarves and lounge in--pants you feel more like you in--and I thought I had packed them but couldn't find them and thought they were lost forever, and my mom found them--up in the abyss of my room and I've already worn them like twenty times, and I feel better already. thanks mom

9. Chocolate Chips and Pancake mix!!!! Wooo whooooo I'm gonna make more pancakes and cookies! yea!thanks mom

10. she sent me so much more and she does SOOO much for me even though she does have three other children, two of which are preteen-teens. But she also sent me this little bear with a tshirt on that says love ya.

I love ya too mom. thanks. you're the best, and I don't deserve you.

No comments: