Tuesday, August 28, 2007

Primavera here we come!!!

It looks like spring. The sun is shining, the flowers are blooming, the breeze is blowing (it could change at any minute to dark menacing skies), and things are good.

I´m finally out of the other apartment and into a new, amazing (cozy or tiny)apartment with a tiny balcony and a view that looks over the city. It has a kitning room-basically one large living room type space with a kitchen separated by a bar. It was almost fully furnished which helped. It has a small bedroom and a nice sized bath. I don´t have to share the kitchen with ANYONE, and I especially don´t have to share the bathroom. Yippeeee. things are good folks. i even bought a futon. I love futons- two purposes in one. makes me miss america. ha. anyways. I dont have much time or any pictures (the camera is in the fixing process). So, I promise there will be pictures soon, or as soon as possible. I have two lovely neighbors! there an older couple who have made it their job to take care of me. Raul and Nicole got married!!!Congratulations to them. we are all super excited. and Carl and Sierra are back. We´re not sure for how long, but I´m just glad to have the chance to hang out with Sierra again. Nico and I are good. I randomly (kinda) met his mom last night (without him because he had to work). He got tickets to the opera last minute and invited me and his mom but couldnt go because he had to work. so she and I (we´d never seen eachother before) met in front of the theater, and then promptly realized that our tickets weren´t valid because they had to be turned in earlier (or something), so I invited her back up to my apartment for tea and we had a lovely chat for about two hours. She´s absolutely adorable. As you can imagine, I was pretty nervous. I mean:
1. meeting the boyfriend´s mom
2.without the boyfriend
3.in spanish

but she repeatedly told me how impressed she was by my spanish and that she thought I was going to speak like a five year old. . . (thanks Nico). Anyways, she is lovely. I may invite her to dinner sometime this week. I dont really have a table so that might be complicated, but I´ll figure it out.

My classes are good, but I know this all the calm before the storm becuase my masters classes start this week(two), and the classes I teach start this week. So I will be in the classroom a lot more. I havent started the Y yet because I´m still trying to get a medical certificate (the plan is to try to go friday). Im still not sure if I´m going to buy a car or not. it changes daily.

what else. I have a practice interview with the director of the masters program. Im looking for a job for just the month of february. . .and I guess thats all for now.

una aurora,
Mere

No comments: