Wednesday, June 13, 2007

Noticias Aleatorias (Random News) Food Poisoning

Ok, I usually mostly write long, drawn out entries. (See Sunday`s entry below, for example) But sometimes, I just have random tid bits I`d like to share with you all, and I don`t post them because I don`t have time to stick to my format. But that`s just silly, so if I have something random to tell you I`m just going to stick it up here under Random News. . . and I`m not going to feel bad that it doesn`t have a poem with it.

Wait. . . You knew there were poems right??

Whew. . . Ok. You better read them. : ) Just kidding. Well, not really. ANyways, so these are just like little this is what I`m thinking about entries. . . not grand speculations on life interwoven with last weeks activities and pictures entries. Cachai (Got it)?

I got FOOD POISONING Sunday night. Don´t ask. Well, I´ll tell you. Did you read the last entry?

Famous last words right?

" I am happy, and I`m going to eat lentil soup"

Well, I made soup. Here I am trying to be miss Independent hot stuff, look at me I can cook now, and even make cool stuff like lentil soup, even if 60% of the ingredients come from a bag I bought at the grocery store(it still counts)--and I go and Poison myself. seriously.

anyways, I got sick. ( no details necessary) I had about a 102 temp for a day and a half, and then after my fever broke yesterday afternoon I started to feel better. My stomach is still a little unsettled, but I guess that`s to be expected.

Thank god for my lovely, good spirited, funny, and always happy roomie Sally who took care of me and Made me drink water even though I didn`t want to. Thanks also to my awesome friend Sierra who brought me gatorade and listened to me whine.

This saddest thing is. . . I used to love lentils. really.

but now, I don`t think I will ever even be able to look at them again. stupid lentils.

hmm. . . what else was I going to tell you???

Oh! WE are still on strike and now they say its indefinido-that`s right. Indefinite.

yikes! so, I may be out of class for a while?? and it`s almost the end of the semester! I`m not sure if we will lose vacation time or not. But probably at least a little which stinks because I was planning on doing some major rotary presenting during that time, but I guess I just have to wait and see.

But until then. . . Estamos en paro!!!!

oh and my new spanish word for the day is intoxicada (no it doesn`t mean intoxicated). Estoy intoxicada means I have food poisoning. lovely. Let`s hope I don`t have to use that word again any time soon.

I bought this massive umbrella for 2 mil (close to 4 dollars), and it has sixteen spokes and a wooden handle. how cool is that?? Like wonder umbrella/dangerous weapon-

Maybe this entry is a little too random (and still not very short?). . . miss you guys. .

una aurora,
mere

1 comment:

kara Q said...

oh no! i love lentils. i still think it is great that you were cooking them...and i wonder what happened?

the best of umbrellas dont even hold up here in san fran. they're gone within a day.